Florence Mountain Park is located west of CO 67, south of Florence in the foothills of the Wet Mountains. The park has been used for a variety of occasions, and the rustic log amphitheater itself is a popular venue for weddings.
Use of the amphitheater is by reservation only; permit may be obtained at Florence City Hall. To reserve space at Florence Mountain Park for an event call City Hall, 719-784-4848.
The park features a beautiful evergreen forest and granite outcroppings. A popular destination in the park is The Newlin Creek Trailhead.
In order to maintain the beauty of the park for our community, the following rules are enforced:
- No hunting
- No firearms except by permit
- No fireworks
- No glass containers
- No fires except in designated areas/receptacles, be aware of Red Flag Warnings
- No cutting of trees or shrubs
- No overnight camping except by license agreement
- Alcohol by permit only, and
- All refuse must be carried out and
- Leash laws are enforced.
Directions: From Florence and Highway 115, turn south onto CO-67. Follow this road to County Road 15. Keep right for another 2.5 miles until you see the sign for Florence Mountain Park.