The Rotary Clubs of Cañon City & Florence are preparing for the 6th Annual Rubber Ducky Derby to be held July 4th, 2018, as part of the Wet/Dry Parade in Florence. The Rubber Duckies may be “adopted” from Rotary Club members or participating nonprofit organizations. The Derby is an opportunity for multiple area non-profits to raise funds for next year. For example, on April 20th through April 22nd the Florence High School Seniors will be selling tickets, paying it forward for next year’s graduates, at Big D Superfoods for the Florence High School Funfest. 40% of the proceeds for their sales will go towards their non-profit while the other 60 percent is used for Rotary Service projects.
Every ticket sold has a chance to win a car. A random ticket number is drawn before the race and placed in a secure envelope. If that duck’s number is one of the first 10 entrees to cross the finish line, that ticket holder wins up to $35000 towards the purchase of a new vehicle at Linders Chevrolet. Other prizes are as follows: 1st Place-$1,000, 2nd Place-$500, 3rd Place-$250, 4th Place-$100, and 5th Place-$50.
Tickets will be on sale at Big D Superfoods from April 19th through the end of May.