Florence River Park, located East of town, at 129 CR 119 and situated on the Arkansas River is a 25 acre picnic and recreation area. The park is a haven for birders, hikers, fisherman and families that just want to enjoy the great outdoors. In the past, a local rafting company used the park for their Family Float Trips.
Considered part of the Whitewater Trail by Colorado Birding Trail, and according to the birders, can attract migrant birds in spring and fall. Seasonally you might see herons, egrets, rails, Swamp Sparrow and Marsh Wrens. Fisherman are able to find Brown Trout as well as a variety of other fish in the area.
Although rivers are beautiful and a source of fun, please follow guidelines provided by the Colorado Parks and Wildlife.in the Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area brochure.
City Park regulations:
- -Fishing License Required
- -No hunting
- -No firearms
- -No fireworks
- -No glass containers
- -No fires except in designated areas/receptacles
- -No cutting of trees or shrubs
- -No overnight camping
- -Alcohol by permit only
- -Leash law enforced
Colorado Law Requires:
- -All occupants of inner tubes, air mattresses and similar devices to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved type I, III or V PFD.
- -All persons under the age of 13 swimming in the
- -Arkansas River within the AHRA must wear a U.S.
- -Coast Guard approved type I, III or V PFD.
- -All boats must be labeled with the owners name and address.
- -In addition please add your phone number.
To reserve space at Florence River Park for an event or special permits, call City Hall, 719-784-4848.